Monday, March 17, 2008

Finally Editing Again







So, during these first few months of pregnancy, I have had the weirdest aversions. One of them has been editing! Everytime I sit down at the computer to start working, I get really nauseous and within a few minutes, I go throw-up and that is it for the day! I know you're thinking that I am completely nuts, but it's the truth! My mom always told me that she turned against dresser drawers during one of her pregnancies and had to put all of the dressers in the house in closets! My grandmother claimed to have turned against the color purple, so I guess I'm not quite as crazy as I feel. Anyway- for those of you waiting so patiently for your sessions to be edited, thank you, and you have not been forgotten. Today I have actually enjoyed editing again, so things are looking up.
Here are a few from a session with my handsome brother and his beautiful fiance. I don't photograph couples much, but I really enjoy it occasionally. I've had at least a dozen requests to do weddings and I haven't quite convinced myself yet that I'm willing to do it, but maybe after this little one arrives, I'll think about it more seriously. Of course, I'm going to do my brother's wedding and maybe after that, I'll decide it's a good thing!

I enjoyed taking these pictures so much and they were so cute. They met over 10 years, so they know each other pretty well. They're perfect for each other and we are all so happy that they are happy!

5 comments:

tarheelsuperman said...

Aly, I already commented on these on Lauren's blog, but just wanted to say it here too -

FABUOLOUS! You rocketh!

tarheelsuperman said...

oops - that's me (leah) logged in as rodney up there. ^ LOL!

Hil said...

Aly, the pics are beautiful as usual. But I had to tell you that my weird pregnancy aversion was air. Or maybe changes in atmosphere. If I walked from inside to outside or vice versa, or went from outside to inside my car I would gag like crazy. Sometimes it was just walking in another room. Maybe it wasn't air, maybe it was just changing rooms? Either way, it was weird. I feel for ya!

Aly said...

Hil,

I didn't know you were a blogger! I will add you to my list immediately! Isn't pregnancy the darndest thing you've ever been through! Just when I think I'm getting over it, I have an awful day filled with lots of gagging and throwing up! It's all worth it, but man, are guys lucky, or what!?

Emily said...

Pregnancy sucks! Motherhood rocks, but getting there is just so terrible!

I love these pictures! They make me smile!

I think you should absolutely go ahead and tackle the wedding market! You are just a wonderful photographer and people would be so grateful for you to capture their special day!! I wish you had been around to take some fabulous photos of my wedding day! They freezing temperatures and ice storm maybe would have made the session a little challenging, but you never have been one to back away from a challenge!!!

Anyway - if you decide to tackle the wedding market, maybe I will come out of retirement and start being the wedding singer again! I'll go ahead and start brushing up on my Lionel Richie!;)

About Me

My photo
A wanna-be crafter and a for-real mom and wife.