Thursday, August 28, 2008

Five Generations

I had such a neat opportunity to photograph five generations of women. These ladies were so cute. The mosquitoes were kinda bad that night and they had to keep swatting them away. The matriarch of the bunch is an avid reader of the Bible and they wanted to capture that image on film, so I took several pictures of her reading from her Bible.

Photo shoots like this one make me feel so privileged to make moments like these last forever. My kids were never even able to meet any of my grandparents and only one grandparent on Kyle's side of the family. I guess I'm saying to those of you who have the opportunity to grow up and have your kids grow up with several generations of ancestors, don't take it for granted.





4 comments:

Allison Bernauer said...

5 generations! That is so neat. I am lucky to have 4 generations living! At this point the twins still have 4 great grandparents. These are absolutely gorgeous as always!

Lauren said...

Aly,
My kids will never meet my grandparents on this earth...kinda sad but it's so neat to see Andrea and her 5 generations. I told you this before but me and Andrea were really good friends all through high school. I even have pictures of us back in church Christmas plays when we weren't even in kindergarden yet! So we go back a long way and it's so good to see these wonderful images you have captured! I know you are workin hard...love ya!

Andrea said...

Aly, they look awesome! Thank you so much for fighting through the mosquitoes to take these pictures. You are so talented and it shows. Good luck with the remaining weeks. ~Andrea

*ChElSeA fAyE* said...

I love the pictures they are awesome and its such a great experience! You take the best pictures! Isn't Julianne soooooo CUTE?!!!!

About Me

My photo
A wanna-be crafter and a for-real mom and wife.