Monday, August 18, 2008

Swamped, Overwhelmed- That Would Be Me

First of all, I want to say, Holy Cow! Thanks for the overwhelming number of calls and emails I have had this summer for photo sessions! It has been humbling, to say the least. I have enjoyed every single one of the sessions and I have met so many wonderful people. It has definitely made this summer go by quickly, which has been nice.

I have learned so much this summer about photography, and about the business of being a natural light photographer. First of all, I have learned that 3-4 sessions a week is too much for me (especially when I'm, 7, 8, 9 months pregnant.) I have learned that I need to spend less time editing, even though I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. Editing really is the bottle neck that slows down the process of getting proofs back you guys in a reasonable amount of time. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to the images I present, I sometimes worry about things that no one else would even think about.

I have learned that I need to backup my files more often! Long story short, I had a session completely edited and was in a hurry to resize the images to get them posted online and accidentally replaced the full size proofs with the small little, low quality files I post online! It was devastating. I called about a million tech gurus, but there was nothing I could do, but completely re-edit the session. Now I know that you're thinking, "It couldn't have been that bad." But, yes, it was that bad considering that the little giant inside of me likes to rest on my sciatic nerve in my right leg, so my leg, and sometimes my hand, have been going numb lately when I try to edit. Not a very fun thing......

So in the next four weeks before the baby comes, I have 12 sessions waiting to be edited right now, 5 more to take in the next 2 weeks, and a crib to put together and several boxes of baby clothes to go through and wash and prepare for this little guy to come! In other words, BEAR WITH ME! I promise I am working my butt of to get it all done! Let's hope he doesn't decide next week would be a good time to make his appearance!

For those of you who have been so kind as to wait until October and November for your sessions, I'll be posting my calendars for those months very soon.

Thanks again to you all. I love what I do and I appreciate you all!

Aly

3 comments:

Tami, Donny and Cutter said...

Hey Aly,

You better slow down or that baby will come sooner than expected. Take your time with my pics. I know it will be worth the wait. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I would be more than happy to wash some baby clothes for you. Take Care!!!!!

*ChElSeA fAyE* said...

Sheew woman you are one busy person but its only because you are such an AWESOME photographer! Slow down take a breather relax before that baby comes :) Hope everything else is going great for you.

Anonymous said...

Aly,
DEEP BREATH! You have a much bigger project you are working on and all that stress is not good for you or the baby. I for one would rather have a healthy Aly and baby and get my pictures later. Just like that little boy, it will be worth the wait. :) Take care and please know I don't mind waiting.

About Me

My photo
A wanna-be crafter and a for-real mom and wife.